Saturday, January 9, 2016

Afternoon Tea

"Come sit at my table, with a spot of tea,
And homemade cookies so happy we'll be"-unknown

I have been inspired to start collecting teacups and pretty mugs. My daughters and I find it delightful to enjoy our bevarge from a floral cup! I've changed our "snack time" to "afternoon tea." Really the only difference is the name. Afternoon tea sounds more sophisticated don't you think? So without further ado let me share with you the start of my collection.


I found this lovely gem along with the embroidered tea towel at our local salvation army. 


I found these two beauties at our local salvation army as well. I can't give you a price on anything in particular that comes from there. I just grab things, we usually end up with a thrash bag full, and rarely spend over $5. The lady just bags it all and then gives me the price. I'll share more finds with you later on. Now the hankie, that these jewels are resting on came from another thrift store for 25cents each. I picked up three to add to the one I already had. Hankies are such a nose treat. They treat the nose more delicate then toilet paper or rough tissue. And they're reusable making them thrifty!!! Love the old fashioned goodness that comes with a pocket-hankin. 

"I had a little tea party, this afternoon at three, 
twas very small, three guests in all, I, myself, and me
Myself ate up the sandwiches, while I drank up the tea,
Twas also I who ate the pie and passed the cake to me!" -unknown

Have a beau-TEA-ful day! 




10 comments:

  1. That poem was darling. You could put an assortment of tea bags in a basket and let the girls pick the one they like. I got so excited about your decision that here I am am telling you what to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea Bernideen!! Thank you. Hopefully one day I have a collection as delightful as yours! Have a lovely week friend!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful mugs! I have a shop in town where I buy organic coffee beans and the sweet lady lets you pick out a free mug with each bag of coffee. They remind me of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very sweet of that lady! Thank you for stopping by :)/

      Delete
  3. Such an adorable tea towel! Love the poem except now I am hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting! Have a lovely weekend :)

      Delete
  4. Hi
    I am so pleased to meet you. I do love finding treasures like yours. It is such fun. I love your Have a Beau Tea ful Day! So cute! Have a Wonderful Week! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's delightful to meet you too!!! Thank you for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a delightful post! I enjoyed your last poem, so fun! I agree it is fun to collect tea mugs and cups, and the thrift stores are the best place to find some lovely ones at! Beautiful things don't have to cost much... as you've surely shown! Thank you for visiting my blog, and I am so happy to be here visiting you :)

    ReplyDelete