Friday, January 8, 2016

Raising Girls


The Lord has blessed us with four little girls and our first son who is due any day now so bare with me as I do not post regularly. We believe that there is a difference between a male and a female and that, sadly, those lines are being blurred more and more as the days go on. So with that said, let me, dear ladies, share with you some ways we encourage our girls to be girls. As you'll notice in the above picture my girls are in dresses. That is one way we encourage them to be feminine. My lovely daughters and I wear attire different from my husband. We're partial to floral prints and lace and ribbons and all kinds of pretty things!!!!!


I adore this dress that my eldest is wearing. Notice the lovely ribbon waistband!!! She is holding a book called A is for Annabelle by Tasha Tudor. This is a lovely little gem for girls. The illustrations are beautiful, there's a lot of old fashined goodness inside such as shawls, and of course it teaches the ABC's. So another way we encourage our girls being feminine is by reading darling books.


Another lovely dress that my second is wearing. It is so much prettier in person. I just adore the ruffles. Here she is pictured smelling a floral pen that we made. We encourage our girls to be crafty with their hands.


Each dress has its own unique delights about it. This particular one has a lovely shoulder piece and just the right size puff of a sleeve. Again, here's a child of mine pictured holding a gem. My girls adore this book. It truly encourages girls to be "little mommy's." I do hope that the Lord will bless each of them with a handful of youngins. Motherhood is a sacred thing. 


Oh who doesn't love wearing butterflies!!!! I just love the lace and ribbon waistband. Now our attire isn't always so "fancy." These lovely dresses were a gift from myself and my dear husband to our blessings from the Lord. 


Here's some other jewels on our shelf that encourages biblical feminity. 
<3The Way Home by Mary Pride. I'm working my way through this jewel for the first time and so far am blessed by what I am reading. 
<3Various articles from preachers of old on Virtuous Womanhood. You can get this jewel  along with 9 other books of your choice for free by ordering from Chapel Library. I highly recommend them. My family places an order each month and God has really blessed us through their ministry. Your ears will not be tickled through the writings they offer. 
<3 Keeper at Home. My two eldest and myself will be starting our own little KAH Club. We're praying that the Lord will bless us with like minded friends but for the time being we are alone. We just moved cross country and have yet to find godly friends. Our strength is in the Lord and we find encouragement through friends in other states. And thank the Lord I have a God fearing husband that I can pray with and discuss biblical things with. 
<3 The Little Homemaker by Hazel. We picked two copies of these up at a thrift store for 20cents. They are short delightful pieces that encourage little girls to be little homemakers. 
Two others that I don't have pictured but do so find helpful is:
<3 Queen of the Home.  A lovely collection of encouragement. Sadly, my copy was left in the state we moved from, as was most of our library.  Oh how we can't wait to be reunited to our books!!!
<3 Large Family Logistics. She offers a lot of guidance and advise for managing a household. I lent my copy out to a neighbor who never returned it. O well. I'll be purchasing this jewel again. 

What are some of your favorite books and resources that encourage godly feminity? 

10 comments:

  1. Oh I agree. We love lovely and feminine over here and masculine boys too.
    I will check out that Chapel Library. All the Way Home by Mary Pride is sure to encourage you as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find Chapel Library a useful resource. It has been a blessing to our family. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Oh - bless you! I was wondering what happened to femininity? It's so sad seeing some lovely young ladies wearing androgenous clothing that is very unbecoming! I say, if you want a man to act like a gentleman, then a woman must act like a lady!!! I was raised by a very traditional, God fearing mother with two other sisters, no brothers. Then, God gave me three sons. No daughters. Boy, oh boy, what different creatures they are! You are going to have so much fun! Enjoy the delivery of your blessed little boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement. I am sure I'm in over my head with a boy; this pregnancy has been my toughest yet. Thank you for visiting. Have a lovely night.

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful dresses and sentiments and books here! We share the same thinking... We also love the Keepers of the Faith books and are doing the program in our home. Thank you for sharing this on the Art of Home-Making Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting the link up! And for stopping by! :)

      Delete
    2. Hope its okay but I shared a picture from the post next to your name on the modesty review feature. Have a lovely weekend! :)

      Delete
    3. That's fine. Thanks for letting me know. Blessings! :)

      Delete
  4. I agree with your sentiments here! So happy to have met you, and certainly will be praying for a safe delivery for your son... having a boy does change things up, but he will be loved for dearly by his older sisters for sure! The girls dresses are lovely! Did you make them? Wonderful books that you shared too, thanks for the link to them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly for the prayers. Oh I wish I had sewn the girls dresses but I'm afraid these lovelies are beyond my skill level. Thank you for visiting. :)

      Delete