Sunday, September 11, 2016

Going Against GMOs by Melissa Diane Smith

Going Against GMOs
The Fast Growing Movement to Avoid Unnatural Genetically Modified"Foods" to Take Back Our Food and Health
By Melissa Diane Smith 

This book is a gem in and of itself. It is choke full of so much information. Some of the stuff I was aware of and some of it I wasn't. For example, I knew that companies that are both here in the states and overseas use GMOs here but not in other countries. This is because other countries have bans or limited allowance on GMOs. Hmm....disturbing. However, I didnt know that GMOs have been around as long as they have, basically my whole life. Nor was I aware that the FDA's own scientist warned against using GMOs. Obviously they were ignored. I'm not making this up y'all! Neither is Melissa! Her book is well researched and documented. In other words, there's plenty of proof in the pudding!

Melissa's book is an easy, eye opening read. She offers lots of information to help you better understand GMOs, the dangers associated with these unnatural foods, how to go GMO free, shopping advice, traveling advice, and even eating out advice! She lists 10 outstanding reasons as to why you should go non-GMO and as stated, just a minute ago, she helps you not only with tips and advice but also with her Eat GMO free challenge. Melissa also, kindly, provides over 45 easy, mouth watering, GMO free recipes! At the back of the book, Melissa has kindly provided numerous appendixes with a bundle of resources from books, documentaries, and websites that will aid you in going GMO free to quizzes and a word search. The word search is geared at both kids and adults because, as Melissa says (paraphrasing), family is the center of fighting against corrupt foods. If GMOs can even be called food.

The only issue I disagree with her on is milk and honey. Despite Melissa's opinion on these two she still includes information and recipes for those that use them. She has a mature attitude about her and can, basically, agree to disagree. At least thats the way I portray her through her writing. All and all I thoroughly enjoyed the book. I believe every homemaker that cares about her family's well being should pick up a copy and read it.

Go to her website by clicking here to read more about her and to view her other work.

I recieved a complimentary copy in exchange for an HONEST review.

5 comments:

  1. Hello! I noticed that you visited my blog and left some comments and then removed them. I certainly hope nothing on the blog was offensive. I appreciate visitors and comments. You have a lovely blog! God bless and keep you! Homeschool Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Your blog is not offensive at all! It's lovely and encouraging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Feel free to leave comments anytime. I just noticed some of your's had been deleted. Your blog is wonderful. Nice to meet another Christian sister on the internet. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear I meant to reply sooner!!!! Forgive me for the unexcusable delay!

      Thank you for your kind words. I agree it is definitely nice to meet another christian sister :)
      I pray the rest of your week is good.

      Delete
    2. Oh dear I meant to reply sooner!!!! Forgive me for the unexcusable delay!

      Thank you for your kind words. I agree it is definitely nice to meet another christian sister :)
      I pray the rest of your week is good.

      Delete