Monday, October 31, 2016

Homemade Pantry By Alana Chernila


Homemade Pantry
101 Foods You Can Stop Buying & Start Making
By Alana Chernila

The title of this book intrigued me. I personally love making items from scratch and I know I'm not alone on that. Obviously, or there wouldn't be a book about it! But really I'm speaking about you, dear reader. So I  read and wrote this review with you in mind.

First of all, it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. That doesn't mean it's bad. It's just not what I was expecting. I was thinking the recipes would be more in line with scratch cooking like Ma Ingalls would have done but in reality it's modern food scratch cooking. There's recipes for chicken nuggets, fish sticks, macaroni and cheese, and marshmallows just to give you an idea of what I mean. If you eat convience foods it is well worth your time to cook those items from scratch. They would no longer be convient foods as genuine cooking takes time but the gain of health benefits and the lack of erasing something well known and loved from your diet is worth the sacrifice of time.


Finish reading the rest of my review over at my book blog, Keeper At The Bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment